Samstag, 18. Dezember 2010
- Bastelunterlage (Schneidematte)
- Lineal (evtl. Metalllineal oder mit Schneidekante) oder Geodreieck
- Bleistift, Anspitzer und Radiergummi
- Papierschneider (Schneidemaschine oder Hebelschneider)
- doppelseitiges Klebeband (säurefrei)
- evtl. auch Klebestift und Flüssigkleber (Tombow) (säurefrei)
- cutting mat
- ruler (metal ruler or with cutting edge) or set square
- pencil, sharpener and rubber
- bone folder
- paper cutting tool
- doublesided tape
- maybe a glue stick or fluid glue (Tombow) (acid free)
Did you already buy stamps or are you just starting to look for them? Please consider that there are different kinds of stamps, you can buy them as mounted, unmounted, ez mounted or clear stamps! And maybe this is your first cradle.
A (wood) mounted stamp is a stamp mounted on a wood block. I guess you all have seen a stamp like this before. At first sight the prices are really high but please keep in mind that you can use a stamp again and again and so it's the money worth.
An unmounted stamp is a stamp which is only the rubber. Now you are asking yourself how to stamp with the bare rubber, right? There are different ways to mount the unmounted rubberstamp. We will tell you more about stamp mounting on SEME as soon as possible! Of course unmounted stamps are cheaper at first sight than mounted stamps but you need several supplies to stamp with them!
EZ mounted stamps
EZ mount is kind of a cellular rubber, one side is ticky and the other one just adhesive. You have to add the unmounted rubber (with it's backside) onto the sticky side, cut the stamp out and add it to an acrylic block (with it's adhesive side) to stamp it. You can buy a lot of pre EZ mounted stamps today. Please remember that you need an acrylic block in a matching size to use them! Maybe you should buy a set with different sizes. Add the EZ mounted stamp to the acrylic block to stamp the image. After cleaning pull it off the block again. You can store your EZ mounted stamps in CD or DVD cases (without trays).
Clear stamps = clear stamps. These stamps aren't made from normal rubber like you know them normally but from photopolymer or silicone. They are selfadhesive. You also need an acrylic block in a matching size for them! You have to know that there are big differences in Clear Stamp's qualities! You should buy photopolymer stamps, because they have a better quality and won't fall off your acrylic block after using them three times.
Every beginnig is... expensive
- 2-3 Motivstempel auf Holz montiert (am besten einfache Motive mit wenigen Details)
- 2-3 Spruchstempel auf Holz montiert
- schwarzes oder dunkelbraunes Stempelkissen (die Sorte kommt ganz auf die von euch gewählte Colorierung an, siehe auch Dagis Stempelkissenkunde)
- Coloriermedium (siehe Colorationstechniken)
- Papier für eure Stempelmotive (siehe Colorationstechniken)
- Designpapier (am besten ein Block, da passen die Designs farblich schön zusammen)
- farblich passenden Cardstock/Fotokarton/Klappkartenrohlinge
- 2-3 wood mounted stamps (try to buy simple images without many details)
- 2-3 wood mounted sentiments
- black or dark brown ink pad (it's pending from the coloration medium you've choosen)
- coloring medium (please take a look at our different coloring tutorials)
- paper to stamp on (please take a look at our different coloring tutorials)
- pattern paper (you should buy a paper pad because there you have different papers in matching colors)
- Flowers (hierbei handelt es sich um Papierblumen)
- eine Auswahl an Brads (Klammern) und selbstklebenden Halbperlen/Strassteinchen
- evtl. ein Fläschchen neutrale Stickles (z.B. Diamond oder Star Dust, siehe Farbtabelle)
- evtl. 1-2 Mini Chalk (Kreide) Stempelkissen zum Einfärben (inken) der Ränder
- und in diesem Falle auch Kosmetikschwämmchen (z. B. Pizzastückform)
- paper flowers
- an assortment of brads and selfadhesive pearls/gemstones
- maybe a bottle of neutrally Stickles (e. g. Diamond or Star Dust, see coloring chart)
- maybe 1-2 chalk mini ink pads for inking the edges
- in this case little sponges
With this supplies you will have a starter kit to begin and to create immediately. Maybe you have some stampers living around or near you where you could test and try some stamps, ink pads, coloring tools, etc. It will need some time until you will find and have your own style and your preference for images can still change during the time. Who don't like to color images will find a lot of online stores or catalogues who are offering vintage or artsy images which you need to make another kind of cards and art. Just try it out.
Euer SEME Team